Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When I have no control...

ha.. that title alone is funny because we never really have control but ohhh we think we do at times. There are several things going on in our lives right now that are requiring me to really understand that my life is in God's control. We found out last week that Cameron will be out of a job at the end of the year because of Alltel's buyout. We both have a peace about it and know that God is in total control and will provide for us. It is hard at times not to worry about because he has such great benefits. If we have to switch to my school insurance (which would be the exact coverage we have now), we'd be out about $700 more a month.

A huge area I've had to let go and trust God in is with Andrew starting Kindergarten. He's sooo excited and I know he'll do great but he is young (just meets the cut off by 2 weeks). I found out today that his elementary school they are building (also where I'll be working in the Fall) is not going to be ready in time. We'll all have to be displaced for a couple of months in two other schools. Part of me just worries... will Andrew be okay with this? what if I'm not in the same building with him, is that alright? will moving to a new classroom bother him? will it affect his learning? should I request a certain teacher? Then I feel a peace come over me and I'm reassured that God is in control.

Sometimes I get so caught up worrying about the little things and not fully trusting God. I am so thankful He constantly reminds me that we are solely here for His glory. Yea, I hope Andrew has a wonderful Kindergarten year and I hope he gets a great teacher.... but my sole purpose is to bring Him glory and to teach my kids that this is their purpose, too.

1 comment:

David said...

Sorry to hear about the impending "change in employment status" (corporate types always have a way of phrasing things to avoid the dirty truth).

Have y'all seen that HP is bringing 1200 jobs to Conway? It is expected to be more of a software development shop rather than a manufacturing or call center as they say the average salary will be $50k (hopefully that is not 1190 $20k jobs and 10 $3.6 million jobs). The formal announcement will be Thursday at UCA. Maybe they will be open by the end of the year, but the reports are they are counting on pulling talent from people who have been left behind by Alltel and Acxiom and from college grads.