Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sweet McKinley

God has been so good to me to let me hear from my old students. Lamar, the student who called me a few weeks ago ran into McKinley the next week. Oh goodness... if you could all meet McKinley. God has made him so special. He's as simple as can be and such an amazing ball of sunshine! The three years I taught McKinley he begged me to be his momma! He was a foster child and always wanted me to become his foster parent:). I just LOVE that kid!! I have so many memories of him being in my class. His house actually burned down and we raised money for him to get new clothes. I actually got to check him out to take him on a personal field trip. It was a day I'll never forget! He's called me several times over the past week and I've enjoyed each visit. He's talked to Cameron a few times, too. He's still living with his foster family, which really you could just call his family. They've been so good to McKinley. He told me that he's tried to find me and get a hold of me for so many years. He said, "Every time those magazines came out of people going to parties and things I'd always say ... is that Ms. Glover?" When he first called me last week we were getting off the phone and he said "bye Ms. Glover", I said "bye McKinley"... I was just about to hang up and he said, "I love you Ms. Glover" I said "I love you, too McKinley":). Really, really I wish you all could meet McKinley and see life through his eyes. Cam and I are hoping to go pick him up sometime and take him out to eat. I can't wait to see him again!

1 comment:

made2mama said...

I remember hearing all the great stories about McKinley. That is super that you two have reconnected;)