Friday, December 18, 2009

Dumpster Diving

Oh no.. surely you didn't. Oh yes, we did!! My cousin Amy and her husband were in town last weekend and we went on a can scavenger hunt. We had the best time driving down alleys and looking through trash cans for those little shiny aluminum cans! Someone sent me a message that night saying they knew someone who had a pit full of beer cans. I mean, seriously, how could we pass that up?? SO last Sunday morning we woke up at 7:30 to go dumpster diving before church. It was an experience I'm sure we will NEVER forget. My face hurt from laughing so much and my legs hurt from squatting.


It's funny because just yesterday I had four different people tell me things like: they pulled a can out of the trash, stopped on the road to pick up a can, considered dumpster diving to get some cans.. this can movement is growing and growing. We currently have over 300 folks collecting cans. I've decided to put together a video and use pics of people who are collecting soooo if you're collecting for us, would you please send me a pic of you/your family with a can/cans? I'm also going to put together a book for Joleigh so she knows how many people were helping to bring her home.

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

merry christmas jenny! i hope ya'll have a wonderful christmas together!!! love ya!

Di said...

Why is it that your feet are the only dirty ones in the picture?!!! Ha Ha Ha!