Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Almost in our TWEENS:)


We received an EMAIL yesterday from our agency letting us know we are now number FOURTEEN! We've never received a personal email stating our status before. We've just kept up by knowing how many referrals there are so that they personally contacted us to let us know is EXCITING! To be honest... I was a little sick at my stomach yesterday! All the unknowns are just so emotionally overwhelming. I'm not fearful or worried about the unknowns but just very excited and .... well.. not sure there are words to describe the feeling. We will get to see our baby girl for the first time. We'll know how old she is. We'll know her history... that may be the most overwhelming part of the whole thing. I'm not sure how I'll feel about or deal with her history. She may have parents that literally cannot provide for her and OHHHHhhhh what an honor it would be to take care of their/our little girl because they cannot but my heart will grieve with them because they canNOT. The wait has been hard but I have a feeling knowing the unknowns and coming to terms with them and trusting Him with them will not always be a cakewalk. BUT oh how honored we are that He is letting us follow Him into the homes of the broken.. into the world. Thank YOU Lord for opening our eyes to the needs of Your children. Help us to constantly be on the look out for ways to serve Yours while we're here. Not to us but to Your name be the GLORY!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

How exciting, Jenny! It won't be much longer now.

Steph said...

The unknowns are hard. I was a nervous wreck for about a month before we got our referral. I kneww we were near the top of the list, and I had a lot of anxiety. The first month after our referral was fine, but now I'm back to a place where I'm anxious about things I have no control over. Sigh. We will be home with her someday.