Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Continually moving down...

We are now number ....

God has continued to break my heart for the children on the waiting list. I literally just stare at their faces over and over. I've begged Cameron to let us take them but in all honesty, we probably wouldn't be allowed to b/c of the birth order rule. They try really hard to not place out of birth order, so our daughter will most likely be younger than Piper. We are VERY excited about finding out who Joleigh is and are in constant prayer for her and her birth family. Honestly, some days I just feel a little overwhelmed about the whole thing and question, "are we crazy?" but then God reminds of His plan for us. When I look at it through human eyes, it's really hard to make sense of it all but when He gives me His perspective, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude that He is choosing to bless us with another one of His children. I would gladly sacrifice comfort, finances, sanity (some days;) to be blessed by another one of His children.
The can collecting is still going strong! We've raised just over $1700 since late November! Someone said the other day, "I bet your kids are going to look back and say remember that year we collected all those cans and ran over them with our car" hehe... I hope so! We are definitely known as the "can family" and I am so thankful for that. SO grateful God is using aluminum to make a difference in the life of a child and a difference in the life of those giving.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Oh I love the can family! You guys are wonderful and 28 woot woot! Come on Joleigh!!!