Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Overwhelmed ...

Tonight I am so overwhelmed with the responsibility of parenting. Not overwhelmed in a bad way but overwhelmed with gratitude that He has blessed Cameron and I with three little ones to parent. Then to add to that, He has blessed us with an opportunity to parent someone else's baby. The realization of this brings a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Literally causes me to lift my hands to Him and praise Him for choosing us to raise Andrew, Parker, Piper and now Joleigh.
I strongly encourage you to visit my friend Andrea's blog. Okay, so we've never met but if I have a kindred spirit out there... it's Andrea. She is currently in Ethiopia picking up Isaac. You really should read her latest post about meeting his birth mother. Your heart will be richly blessed.

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

i get overwhelmed with thankfulness too. you are such a good mama jenny!

Christina Anderson said...

I have followed her blog for quiet some time and wept as I read her post last night. Praise be to God for both momma's and this precious creation they have named Isaac!!! God's ways are Amazing!

Andrea Young said...

Just wanted to say...thank you for sharing that post! I think so many need to see the heart of widows and the need for adoption!!!!!! You and your family...are so PRECIOUS!