Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We are in our TEENS:)

We are now number NINETEEN on the waiting list. We are very excited to finally be in our teens. This adventure has literally been amazing. Gives me chills to think about how we've grown over the past year. I'm sure I've shared this before but Cameron and I definitely didn't have a goal of having a large family. You know the strange thing is we never really had that "perfect picture" of what our family was suppose to look like. I remember so well the weeks leading up to our decision to adopt. It was literally like I was hot or cold about the issue. There were days that I was literally scared to death pondering the "what ifs" and then there were days when God took a huge eraser and erased every what if and reminded me that NOTHING is bigger than He is and NOTHING brings more joy than following HIM. It's not like Cameron and I would have felt like horrible people had we said no to adoption. We could have lived our lives, things would've continued on the way they were. But it was as if God was asking us "Do you want to go on adventure with me? Do you trust me? Do you want to do more than care about my children?" I cannot imagine had we decided to stay the way we were. Literally, I can't imagine life before Joleigh and we don't even know her yet... but it's more than just Joleigh.. it's saying no to the fears of the world and saying YES to Him.

If you are contemplating adoption... let me warn you ... YOU WILL BE CHANGED! Get ready for the ride of your life!!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

YEAH! Can't wait for #1 status.

designHER Momma said...

I know I don't comment often, but I am following your journey. It's so inspiring...

Christina Anderson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you guys are super excited to finally be in the "teen" category!!!