Saturday, February 4, 2012

CHOCOLATE/BANANA (spinach) SMOOTHIES!!

We've been on a smoothie kick around this house lately. This week alone we've had 5 smoothies each:) It started out with the Green Monster which my cousin gave me the recipe for. I use a frozen banana, some yogurt, a cup or so of orange juice and a good handful of spinach. Then I bought a prepackage smoothie mix b/c I had a coupon AND it was on sale... it consisted of frozen bananas and strawberries and frozen yogurt pieces. Then you add a cup of apple juice (and then I added a handful of spinach). This one is YUMMY! It taste just like the McDonald's stawberry/banana smoothie. I recreate this one often.
I read about a PB/banana smoothie and thought the kids might like it. It was just a couple tablespoons of PB, a frozen banana, some yogurt and a little milk (and of course some spinach). I couldn't bring myself to drink it but the kids LOVED it!!
One of their favorites is a Chocolate/Banana smoothie. I use Carnation Instant Breakfast, frozen banana, yogurt and milk (and spinach). This one is great!!!

Some tips I do is cut my bananas into pieces and freeze them. I also freeze yogurt in an ice tray. OH and if the spinach is gonna show up too much, I just add a drop of green food coloring so the kids don't know;0) I just tell em we're having monster smoothies. Really though it only happens with the orange juice/banana smoothie.

I'm so proud of myself! We've had spinach almost everyday this week.... I even hid some spinach and squash in our spaghetti tonight. Those of you who know me know I'm a meat and potatoes girl. The only veggies I enjoy are green beans, corn and potatoes. I'm TRYING:D Yay ME!!!

4 comments:

designHER Momma said...

this week I'm starting a smoothie kick at my house as well. I need some (fresh) morning energy!

Gottjoy! said...

Yay you! We buy the big bag of frozen fruit at Sam's (strawberries, cantaloupe, etc) and use that in our smoothies. We love smoothies!

BumbersBumblings said...

Woohoo I'm just like you and have also discovered the green smoothie thing! It is wonderful!!

talha said...

I appreciate your ideas on smoothies,thanks for sharing.

send gifts to Pakistan from USA