Friday, April 17, 2009

You gotta be kidding me!!

To begin... I lost my debit card at the beginning of the week. Lost probably isn't the best word, I know it's gotta be in my car. I used it at Sonic and then couldn't find it an hour later. Fast forward to the end of the week. Tonight Cam and I decided to take advantage of my mom having the boys AND take advantage of a coupon for buy one get one free at Ruby Tuesday. Yea, it can be a little embarrassing sitting at a table with a big fat coupon glaring at the waitress.. you know she's thinking, "I bet they're big tippers". To add to the embarrassment I did have an extra coupon in my purse and we saw some friends so I just had to pull it out and share the wealth. THEN we go to pay and I CAN'T find my credit card anywhere! HOW does this happen? I've only lost a debit card or credit card once in my whole life and now I've lost 2 in the same week! I took everything out of my purse and then went to the car and looked for a LONG time! The waitress had told us we couldn't write a check so I was starting to sweat! You Conway pals better be lucky I didn't call and ask for you to drive over and float us a loan.... Then all of the sudden out of nowhere (well, under the seat actually) there sat my debit card. I was SO relieved. I proudly march it in and gave it the waitress and we all giggled about how funny it all was. I was so ready to get out of there and then I see the waitress come back with a grin on her face... she said, "it's EXPIRED". WHAT? How could that be? Well, remember I told you I had lost one other debit card in my life and it was several months back. Apparently, I found IT and IT had expired 16 days ago. Uggghhhh.. I was sick! She let us write a check, thankfully. To add insult to injury the guy behind us started talking trash about how we were holding up her table and not letting her get business. AS IF.... uggghhhhh! I won't be showing my face in Ruby Tuesday for a while... well, not at least until I can dig up another buy one get one free coupon out of our recycling bin at work;)

3 comments:

Executive Momma said...

Oh you poor thing. I once lost my corporate credit card and couldn't find it for weeks! Thank goodness I had that number memorized. I finally found it in my car in the side pocket on the drivers side door. I have never been so relieved in my life. I didn't even tell my assistant I had lost it, I was too ashamed. :)Don't be ashamed of coupons honey, that is what they are there for. Use it with pride.

Nic said...

Bless your heart!

the Fosters said...

What a week! Hope you at least enjoyed the food!