Monday, July 20, 2009

Craft time

Our favorite thing to do during summer is making crafts. The boys have made a lot of crafts this summer. This morning, they collected leaves to make some frames. I let them pick out their favorite picture from a stack I had just developed to put in their frames. Parker wanted the one where he was telling a secret to Andrew and Andrew wanted the sea lion and mommy ;). We've also decorated their playroom with some of our crafts. I got this idea from the Kindergarten teachers at Wooster... I loved these animals! We're making a monkey today. I'm excited about it because it's the cutest!!



What does Piper like to do while we make crafts?? She likes to throw toys away... which is why the phone book is on the trash can... she also likes to recycle toys in the recycle box... she keeps us all on our toes! Right now she's being DJ Jazzy Piper and shuffling the CDs in our 5 disc CD changer... never a dull moment ;)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Crafts are going to be my weakness as a parent. I'm going to have to join a "craft of the day" e-mail list or something. I have NO creativity!

That's too funny about Piper. I recently moved our recycling from a laundry basket on top of the dryer to a trash can (w/ lid) on the floor, so Anna has been putting things into it too. Not toys, but she does put paper trash into it, so I think she "gets" it. I just need to peek in there from time to time and make sure everything in there is really recyclable!

Once she was having fun tearing up some tissue paper. When she was done, she took the pieces, one or two at at time, and put them in the recycle can, totally unprompted. It took her several trips, but she got every last one. I was so proud!

Jenny said...

Piper is just like that... she takes EVERYTHING out of the recycle box and plays with and then puts it back, piece by piece ;)

Little Oak Table said...

that is so cute about piper jane!

and crafts, now what is that again?

the Fosters said...

Can you come over and do crafts with my kiddos? This mind has no creativity in it!

Poor little Piper and her poop accident! Yes, I'm glad this doesn't have a scratch and sniff too!

In His Army said...

I'm so impressed with the crafts! Awesome! So cute about Piper :)