Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cans for Joleigh

I have the hardest time coming up with fundraising ideas b/c I REALLY, REALLY don't like to ask people for things! Now, when we were raising money to build the school for the kids in Uganda, I would practically BEG for donations but when it's for us, it's a totally different story. We have a couple of ideas about how to raise some $ later on but to begin we decided to do an aluminum can drive. I know... not much money in collecting cans BUT we have a lot of awesome friends who are willing to help us. I started a facebook event page and have over 30 people so far who are willing to help us by collecting cans. How exciting is that? I love it b/c people are going to be actively involved in changing Joleigh's life. I'm going to make some little magnets to send to those helping us to remind them to save their cans and especially pray for Joleigh. God has been so good to us. This is His plan for Joleigh to be with us and He will provide.

3 comments:

Kristi J said...

Fundraising was hard for me too...We did a Gold Party that was successful...good luck with it all..kristi

Lorrie said...

So excited I can be a part of getting Joleigh here!!! Love ya!

Amanda said...

All my cans belong to you. Just so you know. In fact, we'll stop buying plastic bottled sodas and just buy cans from now on!!! :)