Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Wallace family knows how to have a smashing time!

Collecting cans is definitely our new hobby!! We drive across town to take walks... to collect cans. We drive a different way home from church... to collect cans. We drive around dumpsters... to collect cans. Today when Andrew got out of his Sunday school class he had a can. I said, "where did you get that?" He said, "I found it on the playground while we were outside playing". I said, "did your teacher not tell you to throw it down?" he said, "I hid it in my shirt b/c I wanted to give it to you".. hehe.. I'm telling ya, we LOVE us some aluminum cans around here. I've attached a pic of Piper helping and a video of some can smashing;). 
If you're in the central Arkansas area, we'd LOVE for you to help us collect cans to raise funds to bring our baby home from Ethiopia. Heck, if you're not in the area but want to save your cans and cash them in and send us the money, we'd love that, too! We actually have about 75 people collecting for us so far. Several from Texas and a very special family from Canada! Won't you join us?


4 comments:

Lorrie said...

The video was too precious!!! I am so glad you all are having fun collecting and smashing your cans. It's wonderful to collect good memories while collecting your cans. While in Chicago this past week, I kept a trash bag in our hotel room for cans. I even put a note on it so the maid would not throw it away. "These cans are being saved for a very special little girl in Ethiopia."

Jenny said...

Lorrie!! That is the SWEETEST thing I've ever read!

Little Oak Table said...

catching up on the wallaces! man, a lot happens in a month's time! i am excited for you guys!

The Outlaw Family said...

Cute! Girl, you need a can crusher! My parents and my in laws have them. The kids love them! My in laws save their cans so when we come visit, the kids can crush away! We have one built in our garage in Fayetteville and it was a great arm work out :)
We rarely buy can drinks, but reading this makes me want to get busy drinking something, just so I can send you the cans!