Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home study visit

Today was our first of two home study visits. It went really well. The kids were great! Our social worker is a really sweet lady. She has actually adopted a child from Guatemala so she understands what we're going through. As soon as the door shut on her way out Parker said, "when are we going to get our baby?" It was so sweet!
I'm just guessing ... but I think we're probably 6 weeks or so from having our dossier completed. We've really done all we can do, just waiting on all the official stuff to be cleared.
We are VERY excited! It's been less than a month since we submitted our application but there's already been a whirlwind of emotions. Today someone asked how old our baby would be when we got her and I said, "9-18 months or so". Then I immediately got tears in my eyes as I said, "so, she's probably already been born" uggghhh! gut wrenching thought. Where is she? Who is she with? Is she being held? Is she being fed? Oh, I cannot even fathom what the next year or so is going to be like but I know that it is going to be a journey! God will get us through it and bless us in the end. We are so excited. Our hearts long for our little girl.
Here's a picture Andrew drew. He said, "look it's Africa and I drew a heart where our little sister is" :). How true of a statement. A piece of my heart has never left Africa from when I taught there years ago and now a piece of all of our hearts is in Africa.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Yeah, so glad it went well. Prayerfully everything will go through quickly and you will have that sweet blessing with you.

Kimberly said...

Hi Jenny,
My husband and I worked with CHI a few years ago and adopted a little girl from China. We are now planning to adopt two little girls from Ethiopia as well. I stumbled upon your blog tonight and just wanted to say hi. I will be following your journey and praying for your family. It is such a great feeling to complete the dossier. Blessings!!!

crispy said...

Found you from another adoption blog. We are also adopting from Ethiopia. Just sent in our dossier. Looking forward to connecting.

Cris

http://adoptingsweetpea.blogspot.com/

the Fosters said...

Jenny--
I have been wondering what you meant a few months ago when you said that you and Cameron have been praying about a big decision. I figured it was somewhere down those lines and I am so EXCITED for you guys. This is awesome and I will be praying for you guys and the sweet little girl. Congratulations!!