Thursday, December 3, 2009

Random Acts of "Can"ness


God has been so good to help me through the roller coasters of adoption. I've been a little sad this week, mostly about students in my class who are facing tough home situations but also about where Joleigh is. Is she being cared for? Are we in WAY over our heads, etc?? This morning when I got to work, there was a Wal-Mart bag with an empty coke can in it. I smiled:) I took Andrew out to catch his bus over to the next campus and when I returned there was an empty Dr. Pepper can. I smiled and giggled:). When I got back from my Teaming class, there was an empty Dr. Thunder can on my desk. It literally brought tears to my eyes. My students are SO good to me. They really do love me.... oh and HOW I love them!
Yesterday Cameron was at home and heard someone drive off. He looked out and saw a Wal-Mart bag hanging from our door with cans in it. Random goodness! I LOVE it and am so appreciative of it! One of my co-workers told me she has 5 bags of cans to give me. She said, "I've never collected cans and had no idea what I was collecting these for". I told her, "God knew!"
I got an email today from a lady who said her daughter had been saving cans all summer for some pocket change and when she heard about our adoption, she decided she wanted to give us her cans. AMAZING! God has been in the details!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

That is awesome! Yeah God! It is so cool to sit back and watch him change many lives through your adoption!