Sunday, May 2, 2010

Journaling


I bought some journals about a year ago to write entries for the kids. Each kid has one and I bought an extra for me to journal in. The first page of "my" journal was some scripture and a prayer that God would open the eyes of our children's hearts. That journal has now become Joleighs:). Today I sat out on a blanket and wrote in each child's journal. I write about what they're doing now, what they want to be, their prayers, my prayers, etc. It's such a fun time to just reflect on who they are and I really hope it's something they cherish as they grow. Andrew, Parker, Piper, Joleigh... I love you more than words can say and I hope the words I write in these pages touch your hearts and point you to Him. We are blessed to have you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet and such a great idea, kristi

Little Oak Table said...

very good idea.

sometimes in ours i even include interesting world events.

ok that happened one time (smile) because i'm not that into world events. but the day sadaam husein was captured i wrote about it. i thought one day when they are studing about it in there history books they'd find it interesting to know how old they were adn what they were doing that day.

designHER Momma said...

jenny - you are amazing and I really look up to you. All I got is the blog, but it's more than my mom gave me so I thinks it's good.

but the written word, priceless.