Saturday, August 21, 2010

Not quite sure what to expect..

We are still number 27 on the waiting list. It's been a couple of months since they've had any referrals but there should be several soon. The medical clinic our agency uses ran out of AIDS and DNA test. There are several children who are waiting for these test to be referred. We are pretty confident we won't have to make it all the way down to the #1 spot b/c we're asking for a 6 mo. to 2 year old (actually 3 yr old but they won't place out of birth order). Many ahead of us are asking for infants. SOOoo, it is very possible that it will not be too long before we have our referral. Assuming there are 6-10 referrals soon after all the testing is done, we would be in the teens and probably will only have to move 8-10 more spots. Okay, I'm sure this is kind of confusing for some and for others you're probably thinking, "get a life" ;0) BUT this is what I do, I constantly play with the numbers and try to guess when our referral is. It keeps me sane.. most of the time ;). For the longest, I just knew we'd have a referral by October but now I'm thinking it will be November-ish, possibly December. After our referral, we would travel about 8 weeks later for a court appearance and to meet Joleigh. We would travel home and then return for her about 6 weeks later.
With all of that being said, I can't help but daydream about what the "call" will be like. Our agency will call us and tell us they are about to send us our referral through email. We will have a picture and information about our DAUGHTER. I cannot even imagine what it will feel like to see her for the first time. Literally, just typing about the "call" gives me butterflies.

6 comments:

Steph said...

We are at the point where we could get a call about a referral any day now. It is nerve racking. I've been finding myself checking to make sure I have my phone with me and that it is turned on several times a day.

I hope things speed up for you!

Lorrie said...

Jenny, you and your family are constantly in my prayers. I can't wait until you get the calling telling you about your referral. Joleigh is one blessed little girl, even if she doesn't know it yet. Your time will come before you know it! Stay the same faithful person I have always known you to be.

Jennifer said...

This gives me chill bumps... I can't wait!

Rochelle said...

I can't wait until the day your number is called! Can't wait for more info on Joleigh and absolutely can't wait for her to be in your home.
Praying, praying, praying!
xoxo

Little Oak Table said...

very, very exciting!!!!

Krista said...

I am so excited for you, and your excitement is so contagious!
I know that it must be such a wonderful experience for your family as you eagerly await news of your newest family member.