Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TWENTY-ONE:) oh the joy!!

We found out Monday we are now number 21 on the waiting list:). So here's my science... not the next group of referrals or the next but for sure the NEXT will include us!!!! (I could totally be wrong... it could be sooner!!! ... but it could be a little later, too) This has my stomach in KNOTS and BUTTERFLIES! This is SO much different than being physically pregnant. We have NO idea when she will be here so the anticipation is so much greater because we know it will be so surprising when it happens. We didn't find out if Parker was a boy or girl and it was so much fun. THIS is so much more fun but soooo tough at the same time. As I cautiously parent over my children and watch what they eat, make sure they're safe, tuck them in at night.. it's hard knowing Joleigh is exposed to malaria, malnourishment, even abandonment. God is preparing our hearts and filling them full of love for our sweet Joleigh. The kids talk about her all the time. Piper says, "my want my sister". I can't wait to see them together!!

I'm reading the book Radical by David Platt and oh my is it good? LOVE it!!! Here's an excerpt from it that I think speaks volumes.

So what is the difference between someone who willfully indulges in sexual pleasures while ignoring the Bible on moral purity and someone who willfully indulges in selfish pursuit of more and more material possessions while ignoring the Bible on caring for the poor. The difference is that one involves a social taboo in the church and the other involves the social norm in the church."
I mean how many of us think that helping the poor is someone else's responsibility?? Those who are called, not all christians but just the ones who have a passion for the poor. One thing that is terribly sad about this situation is that "believers" are missing out on such an opportunity to be used to further His kingdom, to feed His children. We are not at all where we want to be but thank GOD our eyes are opened, He stepped all over our toes and we have a desire to obediently follow Him.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Can't wait for you to receive your referral and see your beautiful child.
Blessings,
Amy