Monday, December 13, 2010

Family


Yesterday morning I was awakened by a call that no one wants to get. My mom called and said my dad was having a heart attack and was on his way to the hospital. It's been a VERY long two days. We found out there's massive blockage and he will go in for 4 -5 bypass heart surgery in the morning. It's strange b/c he's really a pretty good eater, not really overweight, 58 years old.. very unexpected.
The Lord has given me joy in this time of uncertainty though. I remember when my grandmother was dying in the hospital... oh how I loved that lady!!! She had 10 children so there were probably close to 20 people surrounding her bed into the wee morning hours waiting on her to meet Jesus. Parker was just a baby and I remember driving home early, early that morning thinking about what a blessing it was for her to have such a large family! What JOY we shared as we shared stories about her. Oh, I love those moments with family. God has given me that over the past two days. I've been with aunts, uncles, loved ones and just shared so many memories of their past. I remember thinking before that night with grandma that two children were plenty but when I left that hospital room... I knew He wasn't finished in our home. I hope 30-40 years from now if I'm in the hospital all of ours are gathered laughing, crying and loving each other.
I'm tired and don't really plan on resting anytime soon. Please be in prayer for my dad in the morning. The surgery begins @ 7:30 and he should be out by 11:00.

7 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Oh no Jenny, I'll pray for him. And for the doctors to have skillful hands. Praying peace over you. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family, Jenny! Hang in there! My dad had a triple bypass last year and is healthier than ever! He'll do just fine! Update us when you can ;)

Steph said...

Praying for you and your family. I'm glad your dad was able to make it to the hospital in time. I hope his surgery is successful and that he doesn't have a difficult recovery.

Courtney said...

thanks for your comment! i'll definitely be praying for your dad! and your family!

Bethany said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I just went through the same thing with my seemingly healthy 47 yr old mother. 1 day longer and it could have been to late. It's a hard road to recovery, but the point is that they recover. God is good!

Shannon said...

Thinking about your family!

Lindsay said...

Thinking about you today. Praying you already have good news. What an amazing family legacy you will get to share with Joleigh!