Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coupons 101

So I am just learning about coupons. I mean REALLY learning. Thanks to Niki! :)
Unfortunately I've learned a little bit about coupons the hard way:(... yesterday I went to Walgreens and bought 4 packs of coke (4 for $13 plus $3 back in Register Rewards). Well, who knew you couldn't use a register reward to pay for any of the total and still EARN a register reward! Ugghhhh... he didn't give me my $3 I had EARNED! Geesh!
But I am getting $28.60 back in rebates for buying 3 packages of batteries, 1 bottle of All (with coupon:), and $20.00 of Palmers chocolate. I know that's A LOT of chocolate but Cameron LOVES Palmers and I figured those bunnies could go a LONG way for the boys treats.
I've also learned that you need to get to the sales ASAP! Brother... how disappointing is it to go all pumped to get free stuff only to find the shelves empty:(.
Oh and just in case your wondering... in our area Kroger doubles coupons up to $.60 everyday, Freds doubles coupons up to $.70 on Saturday and Greenbrier Super Center doubles coupons up to $.50 everyday.

Sweet moments from our home...
Andrew was in the car the other day and said, "Rich doesn't mean you have a lot of money... it means you have a lot of love and that you love people and God and Jesus". Sweet nuggets of truth from a 5 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing about register rewards is not consistent. That happened to David once and that's what they told him too--that he couldn't get a RR if he used a RR in the purchase. But I've done it multiple times; in fact, just last week I used a RR and it still printed off the RRs due me.

I don't know if this applies in your situation, but you have to make sure you don't have more coupons than items, and a RR counts as a coupon. So sometimes you have to get "filler" items to make it work for you. (If it's after a holiday, I usually look for clearance holiday-themed pencils to put in my Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes; they only cost pennies.)

And you definitely have to go early. If there's a lot of good stuff, we try to go Sunday as soon after church as possible. Since we go to first service and you go to second, I can tell you that. :)