Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kroger Deals

Okay, I know some of you could care less about my Kroger steals BUT I'm excited about them so I'm posting them;). The super exciting part is that the Grocery Game doesn't even list the deals until Saturday night and here it is Wednesday and I've already got some great deals! They're selling Quaker cereal for 4 for $10.00 but they give you an extra $4.00 back at the register when you purchase 4, so it's really 4 for $6.00. I had 4 coupons for $1.00 off the Life Maple and Brown Sugar (good stuff:) and was able to get 4 boxes for $2.00. I got a total of 8 boxes for $8.00. I know, I know.. WHAT am I going to do with 8 boxes of cereal? We go through it pretty fast! AND it's the healthy kind of cereal so we have it for snacks a lot AND at $1.00 a box, who would pass that up?
Here's a picture of all the stuff I got for just $40.00. I saved over 50%. I would've saved more but there were about 6 items I bought at full price. We didn't have a coupon, they weren't on sale and we just had to get them. I'll be honest... I really didn't want to buy them because I knew they would bring down my total savings at the bottom of the receipt;o).

Items bought that were on sale and I had coupons for:
1 Package of Huggies diapers (gift for someone)
4 boxes Life Oatmeal Squares with a hint of brown sugar;)
4 boxes Life Maple and Brown Sugar
2 jars of Peter Pan Peanut Butter
2 -4 count Snack Pack Pudding cups
3 jars of Organic Baby Food (it was on close out price and I had a $0.75 coupon for 3)

Things I bought that were not on sale:
Milk
Clean Team wipes
Clean Team refills
Gogurt
2 cases of Roaring water juice boxes
Eggs

8 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

great job-we love the water capri suns.

Anonymous said...

So YOU bought up all the Maple & Brown Sugar Life! There was only 1 left. Grrr.

Jenny said...

Hahaha... hey, at least I saved ya one. I had a coupon for it, too but decided I'd only take four of those;)

Me You And Boo said...

I thought of you at Walgreen's today, as I was comparing sale prices. I didn't see the "buy one get one" in front of the 50% off. I bought some makeup, then ended up returning it when I realized it wasn't ALL 50% off & bought some that was on sale 40% off. All this with 2 toddlers, one nearly jumping out of the cart! But I got $7 back for the exchange!!

designHER Momma said...

wow - you cleaned up! I'm a huge fan of the grocery game - love it!

Niki said...

Great Job Jenny!!!! Niki

Anita said...

yay for you! but, did you really need 2 cases of roaring water juice boxes??!! what's wrong with plain ole water? it's so much cheaper! ;)

and i bought some life cereal too w/ that deal! i LOVE the maple and brown suger life!! it seriously tastes like pancakes to me!

Jenny said...

hahaha... you are SO right Anita about the juice boxes. I really should cut that out BUT the boys LOVE it and it's like a special treat for them and it's so easy to take places.