Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Prayer Request

My Aunt Patty found out this weekend she has ALS (Lou Gherig's disease). She is in her late 50's/early 60's. Please pray that God will comfort her in these days of uncertainty. Patty is as sweet as she can be. She's the "aunt" that always wants you to sit on her lap and tell her all about what's been going on. She's always been so generous with compliments and she's very heartfelt. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. I also have another request for an old student, we'll call him Bob. I think God is working in his life SO much right now and Bob is SO resistant. He was a student of mine a few years ago and was really like a son. I am definitely the one he goes to for ups and downs. My heart has been broken for him over and over again because of his circumstances. He has always been so curious about God and my relationship with God. I bought him a Bible a couple of years ago and he actually called me one morning at about 3:00 am to bombard me with questions about salvation. Things are pretty crummy in his life most of the time and he's having a hard time believing God would allow him to go through all of it. My last text to him was words to the My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives, the part that says... He who lives to be my King once died to be my Savior. Please pray with me that God will open his eyes to the truth in those words. My prayer is that he will realize we're created for God's glory ONLY and are not created to have a cushy life.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Jenny, I'm so sorry about your Aunt. My husband's dad died of ALS in 1997. It's a horrible disease. I'm praying that she has comfort through this time of her life.

Little Oak Table said...

hey girl, i will pray for her. i am so sorry, i know that has got to be so heavy on your heart right now.