Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the BITE... *start scary music*

This Sunday morning I woke up with a nasty, odd bruise on my inner thigh... it's a spot where it's obviously not from an injury. It also had a white circle in the middle with a small knot in it.... Cam and I immediately guessed it was a spider bite and most likely, a brown recluse spider bite. We decided to go to church and see if it got worse... if so, we'd go to the ER to see if they would do anything for it. After church, it had gotten quite a bit brighter, red ring around the bite and the bruise was much darker. We decided to go to the local ER... WASTE of time! not to mention $100. He pretty much told me that it should be okay since it wasn't hurting but that I should make a doc appt for the next day. Grief! Anywho... the bite still doesn't hurt. Part of the bite spot has gotten darker, part has gotten lighter. I read that approx. 10% of brown recluse bites end up with necrosis (where the tissue dies). SOOoooo, we're guessing it was probably a brown recluse bite that is in the other 90%. It was pretty scary, though... Eeeeekkkk! Have I mentioned how much I despise brown recluse spiders???!!!???

1 comment:

Little Oak Table said...

Oh girlfriend, I'm so sorry you got bitten, shivers.

How is little Miss Princess doing? Is she sick?