Saturday, September 19, 2009

I love that peach shirt, it goes great with your skin tone!

Ahhhh... what a day! Today was the first "Free Compliment Day". I saw an article about these guys at Purdue University handing out free compliments once a week and I knew that I HAD to do the same. I rounded up some cool friends and headed out to the local super center with a sign and a smile. We had the BEST time ever!!! The people loved it!!! they LOVED it! I cannot tell you how many people went out of their way to come over and say how our compliments and smiles made their day and how the world would be a better place if more cheer was spread. It was obvious how their moods changed so quickly with just a simple, "we like your beard" or "good job pushing your cart back in the store". They chuckled, smiled and laughed out loud all morning long. Our plan was just to spend about 45 minutes to an hour spreading cheer but it easily led to almost 3 hours of compliments. I'm SO thankful that God has given me the opportunity to share His love with others. Thank YOU God for helping me cheer others up and not tear others down. Thank you for helping me devote my energies into good rather than negative, political bashing, laziness, etc. Please prick my heart again often to share Your love. It's why we're here... help me be a vessel that leads others to You.
Here are a couple of pics of the day. The little old lady was our favorite complimentee of the day! She was just amazing! If you're needing a compliment or wanting to spread some cheer, we'll be passing out free compliments at Wal-mart in Conway next Saturday.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jenny, you're amazing. And a wonderful example of someone takes her passion for Christ and pours it into the lives of others.

I wish someone had had a video camera out there today--I would love to see that!

made2mama said...

What a fantastic way to spread His love;P I bet your sweet words made their day;)

Little Oak Table said...

Tee hee that little lady is adorable!!!

Good work friend!

Paige said...

Hey can I just say that I miss being around you and spending time with your sweet self. I do I really miss my old roomie!