Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two things..

1. More can money:) Cameron and dad took the cans today and cashed in $336!! We have raised $1,170 so far with just cans! This weekend we are having a yard sale to help raise funds. Prayers appreciated that it is successful.. also prayers for Cam's job search! We are praying and believing it will be SOON! Pray with us!!

2. You must read this blog post... just 3 minutes but SO worth it! Here's my favorite part of the blog, which is straight from MY heart!!
I look at the numbers and I truthfully cannot fathom them: 147 MILLION ORPHANS. Nothing means as much as pleading their cause because they are not numbers, they are children. When I think about pedicures, I think about their small feet covered with cuts and sores because they do not have shoes. When I think about the latest fashions, my mind goes to the thought that they would be thrilled to own a school uniform so that they could attend school. When I think about the latest décor for my home, I am reminded that all they want is what is in the home – a family and love. The one thing that we all have to give is love, so why do so many feel that these children are undeserving of love? Why are they supposed to be someone else’s responsibility? Why do others not see this picture that I continue to see in my mind of 147 million children without families? I assure you it is not an optical illusion. It is not hard to see.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing my post and thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. It means so much to me. You are such a sweet friend.
Blessings,
Amy