Saturday, March 13, 2010

You know you're a teacher when...

things like this make you giddy :). My students CONSTANTLY steal my pencils... little thieves! While I was at the customer service desk @ Kroger I used a pen with a flower stuck on it. I thought what an AWESOME idea! I made a vase full for my room and it's been the perfect deterrent to thwart the thieves at GHS. One of my dear friends whom I coteach with has been so generous to us while we try to raise funds for our adoption that I wanted to do something sweet for her. I teach with her 1st and 3rd period and kids are constantly taking her pencils so I made her this... if you're looking for a good gift idea for a teacher, especially upper grades, this would be PERFECT! I just bought some flower tape and took the erasers off the pencils, broke the long stems and taped them together. You should see those tough high school boys writing with a big pink gerber daisy!

5 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

PRECIOUS IDEA! GO MARTHA!

Amy said...

Great idea :)
Blessings,
Amy

Christina Anderson said...

Hey Lady - we are adopting a child from Ethiopia!!! We are so excited, so scared, so joyful, so anxious, etc.......you know it all to well. I have enjoyed following your blog (especially since I'm not in the facebook world:) ) We just finalized our decision this week and I hope to get our blog updated about it soon!!! :) Thought I'd share with someone who shares the same heart!!!! :) Congrats on the waiting status! :)

Christina Anderson said...

Jenny - we will be going through America World Adoption. We have some friends up here going through them and the pastor we are under right now just went through them with his daughters and they loved working with them. So, we are trusting. We are so excited really. We are at the beginning of the journey, we know we must be patient.......but my heart is falling in love......and I love it!!! Just at Dave and Gina's tonight playing with their precious little girls they brought home just in September....3 and just turned 1.....gorgeous and so precious!!! I just watched Brantley (my 4 yr old) run around holding hands with their 3 yr old and giggling so loud.......precious!

Amanda said...

I thought about this, and I wish I had done it. Of course, I would tape my name or sharpie my name on my pens. What a great idea, though! They certainly won't forget to put it back where it belongs!