Sunday, July 18, 2010

Book Reading List

Last August, I began reading to the boys bigger books. We've always read books from their room or the library but after teaching a year in the elementary schools, I had a huge desire to help them love books and stories. I'm writing this post mainly so we can remember all the books we've read this year. I hope to keep a list of all the books we read together. They love trying to remember them all.

The Narnia Series
1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

We then moved on to some heavier material;0)
The Ralph Mouse Collection
1. The Mouse and The Motorcycle
2. Runaway Ralph
3. Ralph S. Mouse

Little Pilgrim's Progress

Chronicles of Faith Books
Elijah
Ben Hur (which we're finishing tomorrow night)

We'll either begin David Livingstone or Corrie Ten Boom next:). The boys love to listen to the books. It has been a wonderful, special time with them and I look forward to many more years.

2 comments:

Savannah B said...

I love this list!
I've read all of the Ralph books with my Boy, and then we started on Stuart Little. We have several of the Chronicles of Faith books, and will start with David Livingstone.

I'm a huge fan of reading-as-learning, so I'm sure we'll do a lot of both this year as we learn how to homeschool!

Little Oak Table said...

the night before shane left for 18 days in the czech i was up all night with the baby being incredibly fussy and feverish. fever lasted a few days then out came the rash.

then both boys caught it.

8 days later we were all better. we skipped church 3 weeks in a row :).

hope ya'll get better.