Saturday, October 16, 2010

A girl thing...

I know, I know... I hardly ever blog anymore. I want to. I have things to blog about BUT just no time to follow through with it. I mean seriously I'm running a t-shirt business;), I'm killing it in the classroom teaching some Geometry;), I'm loving on sweet littles and my best friend, and just never find time to sit down long enough to blog. BUT I have found time to learn to sew:) I'm SO excited about this b/c I've wanted to sew for so long. Well, my friend Andrea has summoned all gals to help sew some cloth pads for some girls in Ethiopia. You see girls in Ethiopia have to drop out of school when they begin their period b/c they have no way to stay clean. Well, this past week some teachers and I (and a couple of high schoolers) had a pad party. We got a little accomplished but mainly we figured out what type of pads we didn't want to make. This weekend I came home and found a GREAT AIO (All in one) pattern that is really easy to do. I've NEVER really sewn and for sure I've never pieced together a pattern so this was new stuff for me and I am SO proud!! We'd love some help! We're trying to put together 10 pads per girl. Would you be willing to sew some pads for us? If you feel you can't really sew... would you be willing to cut some patterns for us? That would be GREAT help. If not, would you be willing to get some fabric for us? We're using 100% cotton (colorful material) for the outer layer and flannel for the inner layer.





I also have been a little busy painting a cute picture for my cousin's birthday. Isn't it fun?? I'm going to make one for our house, too!

No comments: