Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This and that..

Oh how I love being a mommy to these little boys!! Today was rock star day @ school. They are the cutest little Kindergardener and 1st grader I've ever seen:).

I am SO proud of myself because I am learning to sew!! I'm really just blindly walking myself through it but it's going pretty well. Unfortunately I never took a Home-Ec class in high school. All of my electives were with Agri:) So I can't sew but I can put together a lawn mower engine... okay Mr. Passmore may disagree with that;0) Maybe I should've taken a couple of Home-Ec classes and not taken Beef and Swine but Oh what fun we had castrating pigs. Seriously though some of my fondest high school memories are all of my years in FFA. LOVED it. For years though I've wanted to learn to sew. When Andrea called all gals to help sew cloth pads for some girls in Ethiopia, I thought THIS.IS.IT!! After successfully making some pads, I went and picked out a pattern and some material and WHALA here's the final product. I definitely made some mistakes and it's not exactly like I wanted but I am very pleased with my first attempt at sewing:) I did have a sweet friend ask "how do you do it all?" to which I chuckled!! So just to clear up any misconceptions.... while I was working on my project Cameron said, "you need to get up and clean something" :) hehe. I should've told him... "hey I took all FFA classes, not homemaking classes":) SO just so you know I'm pretty much a horrible housekeeper. I mean it's not terribly dirty but it's not ever really clean;0)


And I leave you with Andrew's adorable artwork. He read Flat Stanley last weekend and drew a pic from the front cover. SO cute. He didn't trace at all. I was so impressed! AND I just LOVE his little tree. Isn't this cute??!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, Jenny! I'm so impressed! I can sew stuff with straight lines (like pillows and curtains) but I've never attempted clothes. That's a cute dress!

Erica said...

SUPER cute little dress!!! I love it!!!

Amanda said...

When I started sewing, people started asking me those questions. I still get them from time to time. I DON'T DO IT ALL. I do what I WANT to do! ha ha...no really! I love the dress. Plus, the Amish put mistakes in their work because "Only God is perfect". :) If you're wanting to keep learning more and more about sewing, I highly recommend Amy Karol's book _Bend the Rules Sewing_. It really helped me get a leg up!

Unknown said...

I came across your blog as I was doing my Christmas shopping. We would love to help you raise money for your adoption. I am trying to let as many adoptive families know that our website will donate 30% of our sales that are made by people you refer by them simply giving your name when they make a purchase. our store is www.makingfootrpints.org. We started this to raise money to serve the poor, orphans, and widows on our foreign missions. And we have a huge passion for the orphans and just completed our 2nd adoption. I know, all too well, about fundraising to the last dime. If you are interested please email me at footprintsincostarica@gmail.com. And please visit my personal blog at www.myraboins.blogspot.com. Blessings,
Kalina

Rizwan said...

Love to see your blog thanks for sharing send gifts to Pakistan

Send Gifts to Pakistan