Friday, November 12, 2010

Hard to describe in words...

The waiting has been so hard the past couple of weeks. EVERY time my phone rings, I get knots in my stomach. Every time the office calls into my classroom, I get knots in my stomach. We know we're at the very top of the waiting list for a little girl and it's just so hard to wait any longer. I know His timing is perfect and we find peace in that but I so badly want to hold our little girl. I want to watch Piper fuss over her. I want to watch the boys stare in amazement at how sweet and cute she is. I want to watch her daddy melt with tears because she's HOME! I want to feed her, clothe her and watch her breathe. I want her to know she has a home forever... a constant, consistency, a haven. Joleigh, your absence is painful but your homecoming will be a picture of Heaven. We are longing for your arrival.

SO thankful God has called us to adoption but once you KNOW ... you can never not "know" again so it's hard. Joleigh will have a home but close to 150 million still do not. My heart longs for Joleigh but it literally aches for those children who are waiting for someone to answer that call.... for a family to say yes to being PRO-life in the truest sense.

2 comments:

Andrea Young said...

waiting with you sister...hang in there!!!!

Steph said...

The waiting is hard. There are so many twists and turns that this road can take. We've not had an easy time either. We're back on the waiting list. Hang in there. I hope you get your call soon!