Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Indescribable JOY and pain!!

We got THE call!!! It was an amazing moment. I sat there and cried through most of it in disbelief at how perfect little Joleigh sounds for our family. She's 15 months old. Happy, healthy baby girl. She was terribly sick with a parasite but is now better. She's beautiful. Just Beautiful! I memorized every detail of her photo. I've been on cloud 9 all day... literally telling strangers about her and pulling out my phone to show them a pic.. I'm sure they thought I was crazy;).
BUT now... honestly... I'm so heartbroken! My heart aches, physically for a mom a world away who had to make the decision to give up this beautiful baby. She sacrificially chose to give her life! I honestly can't imagine the pain she is going through. I remember how much my heart hurt just to leave my babies in the church nursery when they would cry. I really can't wrap my mind around the pain. I have sat here and bawled and bawled for this lady who I don't know but yet am forever tied to. She's so much stronger and more selfless than I could ever be.
Would love to write more... but honestly I just don't have words to describe everything I feel right now. Please pray for a sweet, terribly needy family in Ethiopia tonight. Pray for a little girl in a crib missing her mommy. Pray that God prepares our hearts to help heal hers.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats! I'm very excited for ya'll and I can't imagine what that family must be going through!

Rochelle said...

So excited for you guys. Will be praying for all of Joleigh's family as you guys prepare for this new addition!

V said...

Hey just came across your blog from Andreas...I went through the exact same emotions when we got our referral who is around the same age as your little one. I felt like I was grieving during that time and was so unprepared for those emotions! praying for u!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Jenny!!! SO excited for you!! But my heart breaks for this mother, too. Cannot even imagine. I will be praying...

Jamie said...

Congratulations, this is very exciting news! I know you guys are pumped! Praying for you. Cameron, I hope you are doing well and enjoying your new job. Merry Christmas!
-Jamie Phillips