Friday, March 29, 2013

Down Under

My kids LOVE the library! They love to get new books. Our public library allows us to go online and select books and then they will set them aside for us and we can pick them up. I LOVE this feature, however I am learning my way around the Junior Nonfiction aisle;). Last year we used My Father's World curriculum and I LOVED it so much. It was just too much to use while being involved in our co-op. This year the thing I have missed the most is just doing the fun things at home. MFW had book basket lists every week which went with our learning. We loved those books. I've decided to start picking subjects and doing Unit studies. Since the kids are having to present material on a place in our co-op we decided to have our first Unit Studies be about Australia. I checked about a dozen books from the library and we dug in. We've had such a great time learning. Very little prep time on my part, really just picking out books and save them to my acct at the library. After we read our books we chose what we thought was the most important information we learned about and put together some folders. 


They LOVED the Aboriginal dot painting:)
To celebrate the conclusion of our unit we dined out at the Outback! ;) 
My mom gave us Silver Dollar City season passes for Christmas. We are heading there in a week for a couple of days so we decided to do a Unit Studies over roller coasters and the science of motion next. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.