Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our purpose...

I was talking to my cousin the other day about marriage... she and her boyfriend were discussing how married couples keep their relationships strong. Honestly, I couldn't come up with any great words of advice except for the simple truth that the purpose of our marriages are to bring Him glory. Now, definitely mine and Cameron's marriage doesn't always bring Him glory, neither do our lives but it is His plan and purpose for us. It's not just His plan for my marriage but my entire life. I honestly don't think I realized that much at all growing up but am daily reminded of that now. My sole reason for existing is to glorify God. God has not only blessed me with the opportunity of glorifying Him with my life but with my marriage and with the role as a mom.
My greatest prayer for my boys and future baby Piper:) is that they truly get this. We are solely created for His glory!!
I am so, so thankful that He has chosen me to bring Him glory and I know I fail at it on a daily basis, but OHHHH... how thankful I am for that opportunity.

2 comments:

houseofeling said...

I completely agree with you! Well said.

oh, and I have a little Piper at home too....

made2mama said...

Thanks for reminding me! I need to be reminded daily of this. Lately, it seems like so much life clutter gets in the way and I forget.