Monday, December 29, 2008

Arkansas State Parks...

.. aren't ya glad we got 'em?
We vacationed this weekend at Mt. Nebo (and yes, I call 1 night and 2 days a vacation:). We stayed in a super nice cabin with 2 bedrooms, well actually 3 if you count the closet Piper slept in;)... sorry Sissy. Honestly though the closet was so dark, she had no idea it was a closet:)
The drive up the mountain about did me in.. seriously!! I'm not sure what my issue is. I use to be a daredevil. I can't tell you how many cliffs I've jumped from, I've repelled mountains, gone sky-diving and went to Africa all by myself for goodness sake!! I think it was all the sand on the roads that made the drive up the mountain so scary! It was like I could just picture our car tipping over backwards while we were all suspended from the mountain.. long story short... we made it up the mountain fine, I just probably lost about 10 years of my life and caused Cameron to lose about five of his.
The weather was beautiful! When we arrived at the cabin, we took a walk on a trail. The boys were super excited about hiking on the mountain:). I brought a casserole that I popped in the oven so it was cooking while we were walking. We stayed up late watching movies and playing Monopoly (trying not to brag here BUT I have won the last 2 games of Monopoly over here).
We woke up this morning and had some yummy breakfast and hung out for a while on the mountain. We then drove to Lake Dardenelle and hung out. They have the coolest visitor's center. There are huge aquariums and exhibits that the boys really enjoyed. Tomorrow we plan to go hiking at Wooly Hollow. It's a cheap vacation (did I mention we filled up on gas for $1.25:) but we're having SO much fun:)!!




7 comments:

Autumn said...

Those are the BEST kind of vacations! You guys look like you're having tons of fun.

Becke' said...

What a blast!

Little Oak Table said...

when shane reads how much you found gas for he'll probably get so giddy he'll have to make a phone call to his dad to talk about it because there is nothing that brings those two men greater joy that a good price on gas. i mean really.

Jenny said...

girl, i had to call my mom as soon as i finished pumping that cheap gas!! I was SO excited :)

Paige said...

your family is precious -but i can't hl but giggle when i see piper's smile - she is the most adorable thing ever!

designHER Momma said...

wow....sounds fantastic!!!!

The Uptons said...

we LOVE mount nebo, great little park!