Thursday, January 1, 2009

A look back at 2008

Warning... this post jumps all around:) and instead of one big paragraph it really should be about 20 but oh well, here goes..
2008 was a really good year for us!! I mean, we welcomed the sweetest little thing to our family... Miss Piper Jane. She arrived in April and has been such a sweet, EASY (thank YOU, we felt we were due one) baby. We've watched the boys grow and become even closer friends. They adore one another. Andrew turned 5 :( and headed off to Kindergarten, traumatic experience (for me, not him;). I began a new job as an elementary special education teacher. Cameron learned his job would end soon at Alltel. This was hard news in some ways but we fully trust God has great things in store for him. We're hoping he will deliver him from his hour commute to Little Rock. We made the decision to pull Andrew from Kindergarten a couple of months into the year because he was by far the youngest in his class. We're very confident about this decision and Andrew is excited about being home with Parker and Parker is over the moon to have his big brother back:). Speaking of Parker, we've watched him turn 3 three this year and become a big brother. He literally loves Piper more than words can say. He is a joy to watch with his little sister. We were worried at the beginning of the year Miss Mindy, our nanny, wouldn't be able to stay with us due to back problems but God has blessed us for the fourth year with her coming to our house to watch our little ones. We traveled to Texas in August with the whole family for my cousin's wedding. We had a wonderful time with Amy and Brian and were fortunate to stay with Cam's aunt and uncle. We had a great time at their house and hope to go back to visit soon! This summer, Andrew learned how to swim. He loves it and always ask when we'll get to swim in the pool again. We went digging for diamonds and took a couple of trips to some cabins this year. The first cabin was stinky, literally, but the second was a true treat. Piper and I were in a car accident soon after she was born and we were very fortunate to escape without tragedy. A dear friend of ours lost his wife, Jill, in a car accident in November. My heart has been heavy ever since. I am constantly in prayer and thought for this sweet family.
I've thoroughly enjoyed blogging this year. It's been SO neat to go back and look through the year. I've also enjoyed getting to know others better through blogging. I get so sad sometimes because I don't have a lot of close relationships with other women. I guess it's the season I'm in right now. Blogging, however, makes me feel like I have friends... even if it is just virtual relationships;).
My goals for 2009 are to spend more time with my Heavenly Father, thoroughly enjoy my family and learn to sew:). I hope you all have a wonderful 2009.
Here are my top 5 pics of 2008:




4 comments:

blessedpath said...

Hi, hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. Found yours off of Becke's!! Your family is so beautiful! LOVE the big bows.....I am a bow nut too, but my daughter Brooke is now 5, and more vocal about what she wears!! Enjoy it while you can:) That pic of your baby and the butterfly....wow, that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Cam's job but like you said it's all about having faith in God. I don't see how you picked just 5 favorite pics. There are so many good ones that you post.

Jenny said...

Crystal... haha... actually I roamed through my iphoto for about 10 minutes and just grabbed 5 that caught my eye... on any given 10 minutes it would've totally been a different five;)

Me You And Boo said...

Isn't it amazing to see the year condensed like this! (I may steal this idea for our blog.) It's so magical to see God's plan unfolding. Even those things that may seem negative to us are part of His great plan. I'll be praying for Cam's job hunt. We know the feeling!