Tuesday, May 12, 2009

but our faith is real...

My heart is so heavy and broken! Our pastor's family has experienced a great loss today, the loss of their oldest son. Oh how I wish there were something I could do. I cannot imagine that kind of loss. I've cried numerous times already just thinking of what heartache that brings to a mom. In the letter to the church, our pastor ends with saying "but our faith is real". 
Thank you God for the Wilson's. Thank you for the leadership you've given our church. Thank you for Dawn's servant's heart. Thank you for my husband and my children. Lord, help me to have a faith that is real through the good and bad. This world is not my home. Thank you so much for saving me and giving me a hope. Thank you for the promise of eternity with you!

6 comments:

Nic said...

I heard about this from Taylor's teacher. I can't imagine! I did add them to our church prayer list.

Leslie said...

Jenny, I did not know that you and your family went to Fellowship. My husband is Discipleship pastor at Fellowship Fort Smith. We have been so saddened by the news. Ken has spoke at our church several times and one of the last times he spoke, he challenged us to pray for our pastor's son because of the pressures of growing up in a "glass house." We will be praying for your church family and your pastor's family.

Amanda said...

Ken was our pastor in college, and he married us. I'm heartbroken for them. Thanks for the info. Anything else you find out, let us know...donations? service? whatever.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your pastor and the church family for this loss. I''m not sure that there is anything more heartbreaking than the loss of a child. I will add all of you to my prayer list.

made2mama said...

Praying for them.

Executive Momma said...

I am so sorry.