Saturday, May 30, 2009

Moving on up...

This school year was my first years in an elementary school. It was tons of fun. The ladies I worked with were a blast and the kids were precious BUT.... it's really not my cup of tea. Right now I feel God has geared my heart, burdens and passion for the upper grades, soooo I took a position at the High School. I'm really excited about it. A little nervous, seems I'll be teaching a lot of Geometry. I have two team teaching Geometry classes, 3 geometry labs (I'll help kids with Geom. homework) and 1 resource Geometry class. Sheeeesh... that's a lot;). I am really excited about it, though. I know most of the kids at the high school b/c I had them at the Jr. High so it'll be fun working with them again! I get giddy just thinking about it! I was a little torn b/c Andrew will be in school next year BUT I knew that I knew that I knew the HS was where God was leading me. We're going to send Andrew to West Side b/c it's right by the HS so I'll get to see him a lot still!
I really do LOVE teaching! I LOVE the upper grades because I feel there's such an opportunity to change the WORLD! I really do! I enjoy all the kids but feel I am specifically placed there for the children who are victims of poverty or abuse or the ones that just can't find their fit. I love working with the "at-risk"! Tonight as Cam and I were driving down the road we saw two teens who looked homeless, pushing a grocery cart down the road. My eyes just filled with tears. Ugghhh... my heart stung for those kids. Being a teen is hard enough. I can't even imagine! I am so privilege to have an opportunity to love on those kids for the brief moments I have them in class.
ON another note.. I am really excited for summer! This summer should be TONS of fun with Sissy being so mobile. Cam is cleaning out the pool filter as we speak (10:00pm:). I'm READY to swim!!!
On another-nother note....
I'm so behind on downloading pictures. I thought I'd put a few of Piper's birthday last month. I don't think I've posted any of it yet and I'm too lazy to check ;)



1 comment:

Nic said...

Oh Goodness..Those pictures are so cute!!