Friday, January 30, 2009

Entertain Yourselves...

So we're kicking the habit! Cam and I have decided to not allow the boys to watch much tv at all. We've come to an agreement that 1 hour a day is the limit and maybe 1 movie per week. I've been burdened about it for a while. I want the boys to create their own fun and use their imaginations. I don't want them wasting brain cells as they watch countless cartoons, even if they do seem educational. They don't watch tons of tv right now but they definitely watch too much. We all do. We're going to start leaving it off instead of just turning it on, just because. A lady at work told me one of her old pastors use to ask the congregation to have a "tv fast" the week before school started every year. He said he would get the most amazing comments at how it had a positive effect on the families. So.... here's to creativity!

1 comment:

the Percifuls said...

OK, I'm the world's worst for using TV to entertain the kids while I get stuff done. I'm gonna try the no TV thing tomorrow, though, and we'll see how it goes. Wish us luck... my kids just might revolt! :)