Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Cinderellas:)

I was watching a John Rosemond DVD this morning and he said his mother taught him how to clean the floors when he was just four years old... Hmmmmm.... sounds good to me. Parker is close enough to four to get in on that action. I ran them both some mop water and gave them rags and said, "you're going to learn how to clean the floor, come on". Parker said, "how embarrassing" and Andrew said, "I'm confused"... hahaha.. They did a fabulous job. They scrubbed the kitchen, dining room and their bathroom. It took them about 45 minutes. I could tell they were proud of the finished product. Cameron walked across it with his dirty shoes on and left some marks and they were not happy.


Also, just had to mention that the t.v. being off has been wonderful. The boys watched 30 minutes of Tom and Jerry this morning and I watched/listened to John Rosemond while they were playing outside.
I just had to include a picture of Cameron using some elbow grease on the dishes:)

4 comments:

the Percifuls said...

Wow! My house is so far from clean right now, it's not even funny. I've been sooooo tired with Logan's ear infection waking him up at all hours. Matt had to catch us up on clothes this week, but there are still piles of stuff everywhere. Ugh! Looking forward to getting my beautiful home back soon (I hope!)

Becke' said...

Great Idea! Reminds me of when the kids get bored in the summer, I make them go outside and paint the driveway. (With water and a paint brush!) Ha!

Autumn said...

I wonder if 8.5 months is too young to teach a child how to clean the floor?! So cute..hopefully they'll keep it up for a bit!

Little Oak Table said...

oh your family pictures are hilarious!

sooooo, are the boys using a saucepan to hold their mop water?

haha!

i have laughed about the dental hygenist mask. oh my, my, my children are funny.

what dvd do you have?