Wednesday, January 7, 2009

nobody puts Baby in the corner....

Things have been great around here... well unless you're Piper and you're sad about getting new teeth. She's so sweet. When she's hurting she just wants to cry in mommy's arms:(. Bless her soul!
Tonight Parker was so excited because he got a "Good Listener" Award at Awanas. He ran in to tell me and said, "Mommy, I got the.... what did I get daddy?.." Cameron whispers in his ear.... "Oh yea, mommy I got the Good Listener award" :). He always does this. He runs to tell some exciting news but he always forgets what he's telling. Andrew needed to learn the books of the New Testament for Awanas so Cam and I taught him a song. He did a great job and Parker knows them now, too. It's sweet to hear them pronounce some of the books.
I had a little excitement today at work.... I got to the be the judge for the School Spelling Bee. How fun is that?? Okay... well it was a little nerve wracking with all of those parents just waiting to jump me for telling their little sweet one, "I'm sorry that's incorrect"... no, really it was a lot of fun! I was nervous for them... and all I have to say is thank goodness I had the correct spellings in front of me.
Just saw a commercial about Barbara Walters interview with THE Patrick Swayze... Cameron always makes fun of me because I had a BIG time crush on Patrick.... seriously, was I the only one with Patrick Swayze posters?
I'll leave you with a cute little dress I got for Miss Piper Jane on ebay... it was only 13.99 shipping and all:) It's size 12 months so I'm hoping it will be a good Easter dress.
*** update... seriously... Cam didn't know where my title came from... omg... he's never seen Dirty Dancing... huh??

8 comments:

David said...

I'm with Cam. I thought the title had something to do with Piper not wanting to be in timeout or something...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I did not have any Patrick Swayze posters. Still don't. But I can guess what all of your friends are getting you for Christmas 2009.

Jenny said...

Oooo... you think... I sure hope so! I've got the perfect spot for a new Pat poster:)

Paige said...

tooo cute. I didn't have any posters up of him but that scene when she's running to his room and it's raining. OHHHH MY!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute dress! I loved that part of the movie where Patrick says that line. I think that is the best part of the movie.

Autumn said...

what a cute dress!

The Uptons said...

that is my sister and mine's favorite line of that movie!, but no swayze posters for me. the dress is adorable, will look precious i am sure...its fun to dress little girls, and that piper is one precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny I am with you! I love that movie..and Patrick Swayze is my favorite!

Me You And Boo said...

I think even Terry knows that line! (But only cuz I make him watch the movie with me). I had a onsie with that line on it. Darn, i think Piper is too bid for it now. I'll have to see if I can find it.