Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Such an incredible journey...

Ugghhh! This roller coaster of ups and downs and ups and downs sometimes leaves me an emotional mess. When we first got our referral we were told Joleigh was 17 pounds @ 15 months old. They told us they would do another weight check b/c they wanted to see if she had grown that first week of being in the transition home. Well, long story short... we've waited for almost two months and still don't have that weight check. We did get word that she "shrunk" but they attribute that to how they measure and discrepancies, etc. To be honest, it has weighed heavy on my heart. I know it's all in God's hands but as a mom, I just want to get there and make sure she's okay.
I have two friends there right now who have made this SO much better for me. One sent me a txt @ 1:30 in the morning to tell me she was outside watching Joleigh play with others and she looked healthy. They both have taken video and pictures. Leah even got some footage of Joleigh in an outfit I sent her:) I don't have the videos yet but it's SO wonderful knowing friends are there loving on her. AND when I say friends, of course I'm talking about folks I've never met but have an incredible bond with.
This is Sabrina's blog... please take a second to read about her Gotcha day with their sweet baby girl AND about the birth family meeting. UGgghhh... I dare ya to not cry!

1 comment:

Christina Anderson said...

Praying as you wait Jenny!!!! We are finally seeing referrals again through our agency so we are still hopeful that by the end of March will will hold the face of our daughter before us!