Monday, January 7, 2008

Sweet sayings...

I thought I'd jot down a few cute and insightful things the boys have said over the past few days. 

We've been using the Naughty Towel technique with Parker (which has worked superbly with both boys as they go through their tantrum stages). We just introduced it to him the other day and he is not fond of it so after I put him on it and walked out of sight he started saying, "This isn't my seat, what.... I don't sit on a towel, I sit in my chair *as he pointed to his chair* why am I sitting on a towel in the floor?? It was so cute. Later that day he asked, "mommy, why did you go out and buy the naughty towel?"

Andrew and Parker had some pretty deep questions after church on Sunday. Andrew heard the story of Adam and Eve in class and was asking about Jesus being our savior and he asked, "Does Jesus live in everyone's heart?" I said, "no, not everyone accepts Christ as their Savior"... He said, "mommy, why doesn't God put Jesus in everyone's heart?" I thought what a simple, yet profound question. We talked about how there are a lot of things we won't fully understand until we get to Heaven. Parker in the meantime was piping in with his questions and he said, "Why did God be mean to Jesus on the cross?" I explained that God gave us Jesus as a Savior, which meant Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins but then He rose and is no longer dead. They then had questions about the devil and Parker wanted to know why he doesn't live in Heaven. I told him that the devil is constantly trying to battle against God, even in our own lives, how he tries to get us to disobey God and so on. Parker, with an angry face, said I'm going to get the policeman to go arrest that devil and throw him in jail!!! 

On a more crude note (and we have a lot of them since they are boys:)... Parker was in the tub the other day and we heard him flush the toilet and when we went in and asked what he flushed he told daddy, "a poot" Cam said, "did you poopoo?" Park said, "NOOOO... I didn't poopoo, it was just a poot". About 5 minutes later he hollers for daddy to come back to the tub and help him find and put another poot in the toilet. Cam had to explain to him how we can't find them because they're invisible (most of the time) ** Cam doesn't think the story is as funny as the fact that I'm writing about this on our blog:)

2 comments:

made2mama said...

That is way too adorable and hilarious! The beauty of innocence.

Little Oak Table said...

and that blog is why you are one of my closet friends. i love you and your family. you are all great.