Thursday, January 31, 2008

$5.00 deal that was almost a no deal

I was so excited because I found a $5.00 coupon for Walgreen's last night from a blog. You only had to spend $20.00, however, it could ONLY be used on 1/31/08. Those of you that really know me, know how cheap I am... honestly, I don't know that I've spent over $20.00 on a pair of tennis shoes in 10 years, ask my cousin Amy:) So, I sent the coupon link to Cam and asked him to print it out and I printed one out just in case it was a possibility we would get to go. I really, really wanted Cam to go after work but hated for him to go out of his way because it's ugly out and it would put him getting home at least 30 minutes late:(
WELL.... he calls and says that the renters had our check ready and wondered if we'd like to stop and pick it up, funny thing, the rent house is a couple of blocks away from Walgreen's. So, I was like, "great, did you print the coupon?" Cam says, "No". Ugghhh.... I'd tried to figure out every way to get to Walgreen's without loading the kids up tonight (in wintery weather) and making a trip totally out of the way. Cam just thinks it's funny that I'm aggravated. I said, "I'm really upset, I don't want to talk right now" and I got off the phone. Well, I fume for a bit over missing out on a $5.00 coupon (that I planned to use on Prilosec and all of you who've been pregnant realize how much I NEED indigestion medicine). Then I get a call from Cam..."I'm in Walgreen's, what do you want?" I said, "do you have a coupon?"... Cam.... "Yeah, I went by the library and printed one off". Needless to say my indigestion and blood pressure were all better:)

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

that is SO SWEET of cameron!!! just so you know, when i was laying reed down for his nap yesterday he was singing parky park and the funky bunch. it's like the only song he knows now. haha

Krista said...

I used that coupon too! You think you are cheap!?!? I had planned out my shopping trip to incorporate other coupons too so that I was paying even less out of pocket. I was really disappointed that anytime the cashier tried to scan a coupon that bumped my total under 20 dollars, the 5 dollar coupon would be voided!!! After twenty minutes in line, with a totally exhausted Jane falling asleep in my arms, I finally just bought a ten dollar gift card just to get my total over 20 dollars and get out of the store!

I am glad you were able to use yours!

Jenny said...

Krista-
That's sooo funny and sounds exactly like something I would do:)

Anna-
Maybe Reed and Parker can go on tour - New Tots on the Block:)