Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This too shall pass..

Boy, it's been a week! It started with an interview with a local journalist who was interviewing us for an article in the local paper about our adoption. She is a nice lady, I've worked with her in the past on some stories she covered over our fund raising for the Invisible Children of Uganda. Although she is a sweet lady and we are thankful for her help getting the story out, the interview was a little discouraging. She really didn't understand our desire to adopt from Ethiopia and stacked a million excuses/reasons on why it's not a great idea. At first I was a little upset with her questioning but soon remembered that "most" people feel the way she does, she was just honest. I finally told her all the excuses she had given were the cons on my list of pros/cons of adoption and they were ALL practical things, none of them were eternal. When I looked through Christ eyes at our decision to adopt, there were NO excuses. We have a loving home, we have food, shelter, we've been given MUCH!! So when answering the question "Why are we adopting?" my response is usually "Why not?"
Another area where I feel satan is trying to discourage me is that we don't really have any type of adoption ministry set up at our church. Cameron and I see this as a wonderful opportunity to share our hearts with others but at times it can feel overwhelming and kinda lonely. We really have a desire to start a ministry/grant program to help others take care of HIS children. Our desire is to be debt free so we're able to help people significantly when they are in the process of adopting.
Then the last shoe fell yesterday... my principal had to call me in b/c our technology director was upset b/c I had sent two emails (in the past two months) to the faculty about the can collecting/coffee. My principal was wonderful and is VERY supportive. She hated to tell me not to send "personal emails" but she had to. It literally broke my heart! I felt like the place I've had the most support was at school and now satan is trying to limit that. At first it just made me angry b/c I/we send personal emails all the time. We are a family at work but soon I realized it was just satan trying to discourage me. I really don't have ill feelings towards any of these circumstances or people personally but am SO exhausted with how satan is constantly trying to discourage this adoption. Satan does NOT want this child to have the opportunities that will come from living here. He does NOT want this baby to know Jesus. I am SO thankful that he is NOT in control. Although it's been a gloomy few days, God has been SO good to grow us through this experience. We are SO thankful that He is enough!! When it feels as though there's no one standing with us, HE is carrying us through.
We are also SO thankful for those of you who have given us support.

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

Jenny, I know you are doing the right thing. God will see you through this dark period and will help you to not let Satan take control! Keep up all the wonderful faith you have in your hear!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Rochelle said...

We will continue to pray for you on this adoption journey. God is in control and I am so glad you are such a rock solid believer that you don't get discouraged by satan's attempts to slow things down. Could just be God's timing in picking out that specific little girl that he has chosen for you!

Love you!

Jennifer said...

It would never occur to me to ask someone why they were adopting. Duh! Why wouldn't you? (Except for money, which I know can be a huge barrier.) I don't really understand the opposition to it.

I would love to see the church get more on board with adopting as well as fostering. (Let me know if you're going to start something because that's something we're interested in a few years down the road.) Christian families should be the ones who are eager to take these kids into their homes and be the light and love of Christ to them! Wouldn't it be awesome if EVERY Christian family who had the means would adopt a child or foster? I wonder what a difference that could make.

Texasholly said...

I think it is weird for a reporter to try to talk someone out of adoption in an interview about that adoption.

Hang in there. People who support you will not be discouraged by a few road blocks.

Steph said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had such discouraging things happen to you! Hang in there. I had an encounter several months ago with an older lady that called herself a Christian. She said some very hurtful things about our plans to adopt from Ethiopia. I think you just have to trust God and become your child's advocate even before they are home with you.