Thursday, September 4, 2008

Politics...

Politics.. politics... I've always been into political elections. I've also always been a diehard republican, despite my family's efforts to sway me the other way:). A couple of years ago, I felt very convicted about the divisiveness in politics. It's as if God gave me a disgust for the attacks both parties make. I've felt led to truly try to look at the candidates for who they are and not what party they belong to. I don't want to hate or dislike someone or some leader because what party hat they wear. I believe I can believe in a candidate without destroying another. I honestly like Barack Obama. I know a lot of people don't, but I think he really is a great man. I'm so moved and inspired by his heart for the people of Africa, and yes, I know we live in America. I think he seems to be a great family man. There are many things he believes in that I do not. I honestly wasn't thrilled with McCain but have always had respect for him. I'm hoping that he's an honest, loyal man. I am really excited about Sarah Palin but I'm SO inspired by Cindy McCain. Her intro video was amazing (it played before her speech on AETN). She is an incredible lady. Who knew?? I don't know tons about John McCain's convictions but Cindy seems to live life based on her burdens and convictions and that is so encouraging to me. I'm excited about this political election and pray that God will bless our country with a great leader.

No comments: