Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We're just a bunch of saps...

Tonight Cameron was putting the boys down. Our routine is having our quiet time while they go to sleep. I usually sing a song, read my Bible, pray and sing another song (or two). The boys always request Why? by Nicole Nordeman and Dear Mr. Jesus. Well, believe it or not, Cameron doesn't know those songs;). So he called for back up. I sang those and continued to sing a couple more because they were on the verge of sleeping. Many times I'll just sing hymns but tonight I remembered a sweet song called If I had Only Known by Reba McIntire. When I came out I told Cameron about the song and then remembered another horribly sad song called The Greatest Man I Never Knew. Within minutes, I was boohooing, which isn't too much of a surprise for those who really know me. I've always liked sad songs, sad books, movies, etc. My favorite author growing up was Laurlene McDaniel. She wrote about every type of tragedy imaginable:). Cam always cracks up when he sees some of my old books from when I was a teen. (What's wrong with daddy?, Mother please don't die, Too Young to die, etc.) For those of you who need a good cry, I've added the two sad songs below. If you're already a little depressed and not totally stable you should NOT watch the videos (or look up the lyrics). As I was boohooing about the songs, Cameron started to get sad about Piper growing up and no longer being fascinated with the ceiling fan lights. It was just all depressing over here. Luckily I happened upon the last video I've attached to this post of this SUPER cute baby laughing. Unlike the other two videos, I recommend this one for all of you:).



3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

girl, i made it 29 seconds into the first video before i had to x out.

i've already got my eye make-up on and could tell i wouldn't be able to make it.

growing up we had that reba TAPE! her and the Judds are what we rocked to!

Little Oak Table said...

oh yeah, and i LOVE the kelly/reba song, because of you.

Anita said...

too funny (not really)! i have the "8 seconds" soundtrack that has that reba song on it, and i cry EVERY time i hear it!!! it makes me go and be nice to my family! ah...maybe i should listen to it more often!