Friday, October 3, 2008

Still sick...

Poor Andrew has pneumonia. I had a feeling Monday when the doc said he had croup that she might be wrong. I knew I heard him wheezing last weekend and apparently you don't wheeze with croup. The doctor said I probably heard something while he was coughing but it probably wasn't wheezing... well, today we go BACK to the doc after he's missed a week of school (including the Kindergarten stick rodeo:(. After a different doctor listened to his chest, she ordered x-rays and said that he did have pneumonia. Poor thing, he's been coughing horribly and running fever all week. Please pray with us that it's better by Monday. She talked about the possibility of treating it in the hospital if this medicine doesn't work. Hopefully he'll get well soon and the rest of the kiddos won't get sick.

1 comment:

David said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for all of y'all. One of my earliest memories is when I had pneumonia as a little kid. We lived in Texas, but I got it while we were visiting family in Mobile. For some reason I distinctly remember being inside the oxygen tent at the hospital. I don't remember it as a bad memory, just very distinctive.