Friday, February 27, 2009

Answered prayers..

So most of you may think I'm ridiculously sappy but I have had the most incredible evening. I was laying in bed with a terrible headache and really upset stomach, just the beginnings of what has turned out to be the full fledged stomach bug:(. What could possibly have made it a good evening you ask... I got a phone call that I've prayed about for years now. Lamar got my number from another student who I taught at Jacksonville and called me tonight. I was sick so I didn't answer but I listened to the voicemail and immediately began to cry. His voicemail said, "Hey Jenny, this is one of your favorite students from Jacksonville... call me back.. I bet you can guess who it is". Headache, stomachache and all I called him back. Now my head hurts even more from crying! The Lord has blessed me SO much by allowing me a peek into my students' lives. My heart has been forever burdened for my Jacksonville kids and I pray for them so much. A couple Sundays ago I was in church flipping to the scripture and found a note from Terrell and immediately started to cry. God has used those students to teach me to never give up on people, to pour myself into them and get way too attached and involved because it is my job to make a difference and He will use me to do that. Lamar is doing wonderful. He's getting married in June to a lovely lady. He has a sweet little boy named Lamar Jr. We talked about some of my other students and just about how much I cared about them all. Lamar said he still talked about me a lot and knew that I was one of the only ones who cared. Thank you Lord for the blessings you've poured over Lamar and his family and thank you SO much for letting me catch up with him. I SO miss teaching at Jacksonville!

2 comments:

Nic said...

I want you to know it's teachers like you who really care about their students who make the difference in kids lives. I pray often for my kids teachers and we have been blessed to have wonderful CHRISTIAN teachers. I'm proud there are teachers like you who do really care! Nic

http://chaoticarkfamily.blogspot.com

the Percifuls said...

That's wonderful!