Saturday, February 14, 2009

We be cheapskates...

Cameron and I are officially CHEAP! Cameron got a $75.00 gift card from work for the Gap. We were so excited about it because we know how expensive the Gap is and thought this would be our chance to spend money on something nice without really spending our own money. We were both like... "WHAT... they want how much for this?" We couldn't even spend somebody else's money! Pathetic... just pathetic! My cousin Amy would be so ashamed of me. So what did we do with the $75.00.. well, Piper got some really cute things from Baby Gap:). I told her she better enjoy because this is the only time mommy will spend full price for any Gap clothes for her. We did spend a little money on ourselves... we bought a couple of YUMMY cookies from the Great American Cookie Company. Who needs new clothes anyway;)? Oh and did I mention we thought we were going to be shot like 8 times at the mall. That's one scary place to go on the weekends.
Hope you had a great Valentines!

6 comments:

the Fosters said...

Too funny! Gap is way to expensive, although they have cute kids clothes. I love their kids jeans!
Did you know they are building a Great American Cookie Company in Conway? Yummy!!

Jenny said...

Oh MY goodness.. I did not know that Shannon. You've just made Cameron's day! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way... even if I have a gift card, I still want a good deal! So I'm shoppin' the sales and clearance racks. If I can get one thing or several things for that amount, I'd rather have several things!

designHER Momma said...

money is money to me, even if it is gift card form, I always head right to the sales rack.

GAP full priced is shameful, but the clearance rack is a good deal usually.

Autumn said...

I hardly ever go to GAP and purchase anything at full price. If you think it's expensive in the US, you'd fall over dead seeing the prices in Canada. You would think you were shopping at a high end boutique with their prices up here. I only ever shop from their sales racks (the sales racks in the US are amazing!). I do admit that Soph is the only one that ever gets full price GAP clothing..can't help it, the stuff is too cute!

Lorrie said...

Jenny, you are too funny! But, I totally agree with about the Gap. My future children better not even think they are going to get all these expensive clothes they will only wear once. I went an bought me some $5.00 clothes off the Wal-Mart Clearance rack today. They are cute on no one will know the difference. See you tomorrow!