Monday, March 24, 2008

Busy Me...



I feel like I've been in the kitchen all day. Well, okay so we cheated and had Larry's Pizza for lunch, but only so we can take the left overs with us on our mini vacation:) We're leaving tomorrow for Murfreesboro to go diamond digging. The boys are so EXCITED!! I thought I would make us some treats to take with us. For dinner I cooked some potato soup and cornbread so we can eat it tomorrow for dinner at our cabin. I also cooked some sour dough bread, which makes the BEST breakfast toast (Mrs. Mindy's recipe that I've failed at a few times but finally was able to make it today:). I made the boys some yogurt popsicles and then made us some granola (my cousin Amy and her roomie's recipe) to take for a snack on the trip. I've lost count of how many times I've done a set of dishes today.
It's suppose to be perfect weather for us while we're away. We're staying one night in a cabin. It should be pretty adventurous because we've never taken the boys to stay the night somewhere like this before. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

made2mama said...

Have a wonderful safe trip! Can't wait to hear how it went. Hope you all find some big diamonds;)

Little Oak Table said...

YEAH! How Fun! I hope the boys do wonderful and ya'll have a great time! Those popsicles look soooo yummy!

Drea said...

Owhhh that granola looks YUMMMMYYY! can you email me the recipe? pweeeezeee! oh and i replied to your comment on my blog!

finadrea[at]gmail.com is my email!