Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just curious....

So, what's your all time favorite movie? Cam and I NEVER get to watch movies, well unless they're rated G:) with the boys. Since we have such little opportunity to watch movies, I'm curious to know what are some movies worth spending time on.
I have several favorite movies but my all time favorite is Life is Beautiful. Wow... what an amazing story of a selfless father. I love this movie, so if you haven't seen it I'm recommending it...



Also.... Simple is giving away a really cool set of animal blocks. You should check it out.



4 comments:

David said...

I was just discussing this very question with Rodney and Kevin a few weeks ago. I can't pin it down to just one and it can depend on the mood I'm in.

If I absolutely had to pick one, I'd say The Princess Bride is the best movie ever. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the real one, not the fake one with Depp) rocks. Mary Poppins is by far my favorite of the classic Disney movies. I would add Lord of the Rings if it didn't require 12 hours to watch all 3 of them.

By Genre:

Favorite comedies (not previously mentioned): The Jerk, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Favorite money films: Wall Street, Other People's Money, Boiler Room.

Favorite romantic-comedies: Serendipity, The Cutting Edge (sentimental reasons)

Favorite geek films: Office Space, Sneakers, War Games (the computer geek David and his girlfriend Jennifer - how can I not love that?), Tron, The Matrix trilogy

Favorite "best the first time" films: anything by M. Night Shyamalan

Jenny said...

Oooo... I love Marry Poppins:) and The Princess Bride is great! I haven't seen a lot of the ones you've listed, we may have to try them out...

Little Oak Table said...

Yes! This will be the 3rd csection, isn't that fun?!! haha

i like while you were sleeping and you've got mail.

Anonymous said...

My all-time favorite is The Sound of Music.

A good, clean film you might want to see is Miss Potter. I saw it a few months ago with my community group gals. I never really got into the Beatrix Potter stories, and I still loved the movie! It was very well done.